<< Back to search
Test Name: Surgical Biopsy, Lymphoma Protocol
The frozen section pathologist should be paged at 34154 to pick up the biopsy or FNA.
OR staff will:
• Place specimen on dry or on saline dampened gauze (no formalin or water is allowed to touch the specimen).
• Complete the pathology requisition form LA 124 stating “Lymphoma Protocol” along with the other standard requirements (i.e. time sample taken)
• Page pathologist at 34154
In the event that the frozen section pathologists is not available OR staff should:
• Complete pathology requisition with “Lymphoma Protocol” and place a STAT sticker on the requisition
• Deliver specimen and requisition directly to AP accessioning window and hand directly off to lab personnel letting them know that it is for Lymphoma Protocol.
Turn around time: See here for information on Pathology turn around times.