After I obtained my medical degree from Tongji Medical College, China, I joined the graduate program at the University of British Columbia in 2002. Following my Ph.D., I moved to Seattle, WA to receive pathology residency and fellowship training at the University of Washington. I then spent one year at the University of Calgary as a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine in 2013 and finally came back to Vancouver in July 2014. I am currently an anatomical pathologist at the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at St. Paul's Hospital. I was appointed as a clinical assistant professor in the Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, UBC in 2015.
- PhD, University Of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada (2002-2008)
- Pathology resident (AP/CP), UWMC, Seattle, WA, USA (2008-2012)
- Fellow, Gastrointestinal & Liver Pathology, Department of Anatomical Pathology, University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA (2012-2013)
- Clinical Assistant Professor & Staff Pathologist, Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine, University of Calgary, AB, Canada (2013-2014)
- Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, St. Paul's Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada (2014 - present)
- The American Board of Pathology (AP/CP), USA since 2012
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (full license) since 2014
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons since 2014
Expertise / Research Interests
My areas of interest include gastrointestinal/hepatic pathology and molecular pathology.
I have experience in teaching medical students, residents, medical laboratory technicians.
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
St. Paul's Hospital, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6
Tel: 604-682-2344 ext 61002
External Links / Resources