"On site, on task."
I grew up all over Canada, United States and Europe finishing my high school and undergraduate degree in Victoria. I came to Vancouver for medical school and have been here since but for a brief research fellowship in Michigan.
- B.Sc., Honors Biochemistry, 1976-1980, University of Victoria
- M.D. 1980-1984 University of British Columbia
- Internship (Rotating), 1984-1985 St. Paul's Hospital
- Licentiate, 1985 Medical Council of Canada
- Pathology Residency, 1985-1987 University of British Columbia
- Fellowship (Immunopathology) 1987-1990 University of Michigan
- Pathology Residency, 1990-1991 University of British Columbia
- Fellow, 1991-present Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Certification, Anatomic Pathology, American Board of Pathology 1991
- Specialist Certificate, Anatomic Pathology, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada 1991-present
- Lung Pathology
- Thyroid Pathology
Thyroid nodules with indeterminate cytology. Wiseman S, Walker B. N Engl J Med. 2012 Nov 15;367(20):1957; author reply 1958-9.
Patient with fever, hypoxemia, and pulmonary consolidations. Hui P, Walker B, Levy RD. Chest. 2012 Nov;142(5):1348-51.
Hemithyroidectomy is the preferred initial operative approach for an indeterminate fine needle aspiration biopsy diagnosis. Chiu CG, Yao R, Chan SK, Strugnell SS, Bugis S, Irvine R, Anderson D, Walker B, Jones SJ, Wiseman SM. Can J Surg. 2012 Jun;55(3):191-8.
Esophageal papillomatosis complicated by squamous cell carcinoma. Donnellan F, Walker B, Enns R. Endoscopy. 2012;44 Suppl 2.
Detection and management of hypothyroidism following thyroid lobectomy: evaluation of a clinical algorithm. Johner A, Griffith OL, Walker B, Wood L, Piper H, Wilkins G, Baliski C, Jones SJ, Wiseman SM. Annals of Surgical Oncology. 18(9):2548-54, 2011 Sep.
Immunophenotyping of thyroid tumors identifies molecular markers altered during transformation of differentiated into anaplastic carcinoma. Wiseman SM, Griffith OL, Gown A, Walker B, Jones SJ. Am J Surg. 2011 May;201(5):580-6.
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
St. Paul's Hospital, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6