Nick Myles (Nikita Makretsov)
My detailed profile could be seen at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Nick_Myles_makretsov
- BSC, MD: Far Eastern State University (Khabarovsk, Russia (1985-1993)
- PhD (Oncology): Russian Academy of Sciences, NN Blockhin Cancer Center, Moscow (1996)
- Residency in Anatomical Pathology, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St.John’s, Canada (2007)
- Fellowships, Breast Cancer Molecular Research, University of British Columbia, Canada and University of Cambridge, UK (2001-2004, 2007-2008)
- MSc (Evidence-Based Medicine), University of Oxford, UK (2011-2014)
- Certifications in anatomical pathology from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (2007) and by European Board of Pathology (2007) and is a lifetime fellow of the UICC (International Union Against Cancer)
Expertise / Research Interests
Diagnostic Surgical pathology of breast disease, evidence-based practice of pathology. I am interested in clinical research evidence synthesis through critical appraisal of medical literature; diagnostic theory based on Bayesian reasoning and nature and sources of bias in clinical research.
I have experience teaching a wide spectrum of topics in pathology in university settings for small and large classes, residency training, medical and non-medical students, graduate, postgraduate and undergraduate levels.
Publications may be viewed and downloaded at:
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
St. Paul's Hospital, 1081 Burrard St.
Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6
604-682-2344 ext 66038