We are a team of over 200 specialized hard-working, highly-skilled laboratory professionals who are dedicated to providing patients with the best diagnostic care possible. You may never meet many of us, but we are working around the clock in the engine room of healthcare to ensure your physician receives accurate timely test results and pathology reports.
- Heather Kelly
- Peter McLellan (Interim)
We have a staff of 28 pathologists and laboratory medicine physicians and 3 clinical scientists. Click here to see the list.
Technical Leadership Team
- Mario D'Angelo - Site Supervisor SPH (Interim)
- Joanne Vlahovic - Site Supervisor MSJ
- Gurjit Bubra - Pre and Post Analytical
- Yvonne Feng - Chemistry/Hematology (Interim)
- Bobby Grewal - Anatomic Pathology
- Tina Jacobucci - Transfusion Medicine (Blood Bank)
- Willson Jang - Microbiology/Virology
Medical Laboratory Technologists
Medical laboratory technologists (MLTs) perform diagnostic testing on tissues and body fluids which assist physicians in proper diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
Areas of specialty include:
- Microbiology and Virology
- Transfusion Medicine
- Surgical Pathology and Cytopathology
MLTs have completed an accredited training program at a post secondary institution, such as BCIT, and are certified by the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS). We have over 130 MLTs working in the laboratory.
Medical Laboratory Assistants
Medical laboratory assistants (MLAs) collect and process biological specimens. They are front-line workers whose duties include phlebotomy (blood collection), specimen processing, and data entry. In order to work as a medical laboratory assistant, MLAs must graduate from a recognized Medical Laboratory Assistant Program. Our laboratory currently employs 45 MLAs.
- Connie Lai
- Supervisor Med Steno - Elizabeth Ladds
- Quality Lead - Janet Wu