Whitehorse General Hospital
Whitehorse General Hospital (WGH) serves a wide, diverse area in the Yukon and parts of northern BC. WGH has 55 active in-patient treatment beds including 3 intensive care unit beds and 2 operating rooms. Outpatient services include referrals from multiple clinics, 11 community health centres, communicable disease control, continuing care and visiting specialists.
WGH Laboratory provides in-house testing in clinical chemistry, hematology, urinalysis, coagulation, transfusion medicine, and microbiology. Referral laboratories, including Providence Health Care, provide specialized testing and anatomic pathology services.
The Laboratory is staffed with one Manager, reporting to the Director of Allied Patient Services. The Manager is supported by four technical specialists, covering the areas of laboratory information systems, microbiology, transfusion medicine, and quality assurance. There are 14 bench technologists, and 9 laboratory assistants. Medical directorship of the laboratory is provided by Providence Health Care.
Dawson City and Watson Lake Community Hospitals provide limited testing services in hematology, clinical chemistry, urinalysis and coagulation (INRs) through use of point-of-care devices. These hospitals each have a full time combined laboratory and x-ray technologist (CLXT) to provide laboratory services.
- Collection Video (please use Google Chrome to view)
- ESwab Replacement and Instruction Guide
- ESwab Instruction Guide with Pictures
Hologic Aptima collection kits - Molecular GC(gonorrhea) / CT(chlamydia) / TV (Trichomonas)
- Collection Video - Aptima GC(gonorrhea) / CT(chlamydia) / Trichomonas
- Multitest Vaginal GC/CT and Trichomonas Collection Guide (Clinician)
- Multitest Vaginal GC/CT and Trichomonas Collection Guide (Patient)
- Multitest Swab Accept Reject Processing Guide
- Urine GC/CT Collection Guide
- Unisex GC/CT Swab Collection Guide (Female)
Unisex GC/CT Swab Collection Guide (Male)